Homes built within the Town of Huntsville require a state residential building permit unless an updated Resolution is passed to opt out after each election. If the Town has opted out, a basic building permit showing that all setbacks and regulations are being met is required. However, when the Town is under the state residential building code regulations, applications can be obtained at the Huntsville Municipal Building, or it may be obtained online using the links below.
The Board of Mayor and Aldermen passed a Resolution to opt out on March 21, 2019. For additional information call 423-663-3471.
- Single Family Permit Application [pdf]
- Site Construction For Manufactured/Modular Single Family Permit Application [pdf]
- Two Family Permit Application [pdf]
- Townhome Permit Application [pdf]
- Re-inspection Authorization [pdf] (after one free re-inspection)